Rajanpur is the headquarters of Rajanpur District and Tehsil, is located in the extreme southwest part of Punjab, Pakistan (29:06N, 70:19E) with a geographical span of 12,319 km2. It is one of the only two districts of Punjab located west of the Indus River. The land is sandwiched by river Indus on one side, while the Sulaiman mountains range on the other. According to the National Census Report 1998, it had a population of 1,103,618 of which 14.27% were urban. Under the local administrative break up, whole district is divided into three Tehsils and 43 Union Councils (UCs).
Rajanpur was named by a warlord Makhdoom Shaikh Rajan in 1772-73. It remained a small and little known village located on the road from Dera Ghazi Khan to Sukkur until 1862. In that year, Mithankot, a relatively larger and more prosperous town located southeast of Rajanpur, was completely destroyed by floods. Resultantly, the administrative offices of the British government were moved from Mithankot to Rajanpur, because of its being located at a safer distance from the river
A). Literacy Programme B). Information Technology Programme C). Free legal Aid Programme D). Capacity Building and Training E). Women Action Group (WAG) F). Indus Youth Group G). Health Care Programme
1.Govt. College, Rajanpur.
2.Govt. College for Women, Rajanpur
3.Govt. College, Rojhan Distt. Rajanpur
4.Govt. College, Jampur.
5. Govt. College for Women, Jampur
6. Govt. commerce collage. Rajan pur
7. Govt.Primary schoolBasti Bohar Fazilpur
8. Govt. High School Noushera West (Dajal), Tehsil Jampur